Thursday, April 21, 2011

Peter Piper Picked a Peck of Pickled Peppers

A peck of pickled pepper Peter Piper picked. If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers, where the peck of pickled Peppers Peter Piper Picked?

In Me! That's where.

Yup it's true, there a little peck of a pepper currently growing inside of me right now. I feel a bit like an incubator right now, waiting and hoping everyday for the little one to grow just a little bit bigger and for the weeks to go just a little bit faster. Even looking forward to my stomach starting to get a little to big. If it weren't for the sudden laughing and crying fits that I've been having, oh and the non-stop feeling that my body is no longer my body but instead an alien form that is sick all the time that I can't quite control, it wouldn't seem like this whole thing was real.

But then, THEN, I have another doctors appointment. I get to see that little heart, you know the one that is inside of my body but that isn't mine, pounding away like a racing stallion and I see those little arms and legs moving around like a miniature spaz version of me dancing and I know that all of this is very very real.

I, Brooke Lyndsey Heym, am going to be a mother. A mother in the sense that I haven't yet been. I have loved my nieces and nephews, adored my self-proclaimed God-Children, because I'm brash enough to make that proclamation, and been the best pet-mom that I could possibly be. I have loved the role that I've been blessed to have in Gabe's life and cherish my time with him. Now I get to take that one step further. In October I get to bring into this world the beautiful creation of the love that my sweet Seth and I have made, the sibling to Gabe, my little pickled pepper peck.

Here's to you. The you person you. Whoever you will be.

4 comments:

  1. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
    HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

    and nicely written! You go MOMMY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to be the best MOMMY in the world!!! ANd yes you have a nephew that is worried that he isnt going to be as cool now that you are goin gto have a baby :)

    I love you and I am so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh how exciting!!! It must send chills up and down your spine!! Here's to the next step of your life! :) You'll do wonderfully, you were made for this role :)

    ReplyDelete